We stock all versions of the Cisco 2960, 3650 and 3850 range of Catalyst switches. We also usually stock the Industrial Ethernet switches, 4500X and some other models. Plus all the options, Smartnet and licenses.
Cisco Catalyst 2960-X Series Switches are fixed-configuration, stackable Gigabit Ethernet switches that provide enterprise-class access for campus and branch applications. Designed for operational simplicity to lower total cost of ownership, they enable scalable, secure and energy-efficient business operations with intelligent services and a range of advanced Cisco IOS Software features.
Cisco Catalyst 2960-X switches feature:
● 24 or 48 Gigabit Ethernet ports with line-rate forwarding performance
● Gigabit Small Form-Factor Pluggable (SFP) or 10G SFP+ uplinks
● FlexStack Plus for stacking of up to 8 switches with 80 Gbps of stack throughput (optional)
● Power over Ethernet Plus (PoE+) support with up to 740W of PoE budget
● 24-port PoE fanless switch for deployment outside the wiring closet
● Reduced power consumption and advanced energy management features
● USB and Ethernet management interfaces for simplified operations
● Application visibility and capacity planning with integrated NetFlow-Lite
● LAN Base or LAN Lite Cisco IOS software features
● Enhanced limited lifetime warranty (E-LLW) offering next-business-day hardware replacement
Cisco Catalyst 2960-XR models also offer:
● Power resiliency with optional dual field-replaceable power supplies
● IP Lite Cisco IOS software with dynamic routing and Layer 3 features
Catalyst 2960-X series Software Features
All Catalyst 2960-X Series Switches use a single Universal Cisco IOS Software Image for all SKUs. Depending on the switch model, the Cisco IOS image automatically configures the LAN Lite, LAN Base, or IP Lite feature set.
LAN Lite models have reduced functionality and scalability for small deployments with basic requirements. Cisco Catalyst 2960-X Family of Switches are available with the LAN Base and LAN Lite feature sets and Catalyst 2960-XR Family of switches are available IP Lite feature sets.
Note that each switch model is tied to a specific feature level; LAN Lite cannot be upgraded to LAN Base and LAN Base cannot be upgraded to IP Lite.
For more information about the features included in the LAN Lite, LAN Base and IP Lite feature sets, refer to Cisco Feature Navigator: http://tools.cisco.com/ITDIT/CFN/jsp/index.jsp.
Cisco Catalyst 2960-XR IP-Lite High-Performance Routing
The Cisco hardware routing architecture delivers extremely high-performance IP routing in the Cisco Catalyst 2960-XR IP-Lite Switches:
● IP unicast routing protocols (Static, Routing Information Protocol Version 1 [RIPv1], RIPv2, RIPng, and EIGRP-Stub) are supported for network routing applications.
● Advanced IP unicast routing protocols (OSPF for Routed Access) are supported for load balancing and constructing scalable LANs. IPv6 routing (OSPFv3) is supported in hardware for maximum performance.
● EIGRPv3-Stub and PIMv6-Stub are supported as a part of the IPv6 routing suite.
● Equal-cost routing facilitates Layer 3 load balancing and redundancy across the stack.
● Policy-based routing (PBR) allows superior control by facilitating flow redirection regardless of the routing protocol configured (for both IPv4 and IPv6).
● Hot Standby Routing Protocol (HSRP) and Virtual Router Redundancy Protocol (VRRP)provides dynamic load balancing and failover for routed links.
● Protocol Independent Multicast (PIM) for IP multicast is supported, including PIM sparse mode (PIM-SM), PIM dense mode (PIM-DM), PIM sparse-dense mode and Source Specific Multicast (SSM).
The Cisco Catalyst 2960-X Series Switches provide a range of security features to limit access to the network and mitigate threats, including:
● MAC-based VLAN assignment enables different users to authenticate on different VLANs. This feature enables each user to have a different data VLAN on the same interface.
● Cisco TrustSec uses SXP to simplify security and policy enforcement throughout the network. For more information about Cisco TrustSec security solutions, visit cisco.com/go/TrustSec.
● Comprehensive 802.1X Features to control access to the network, including Flexible Authentication, 802.1x Monitor Mode, and RADIUS Change of Authorization.
● IPv6 First-Hop Security enhances Layer-2 and Layer-3 network access from proliferating IPv6 devices especially BYOD devices. It protects against rogue router advertisements, address spoofing, fake DHCP replies and other risks introduced by IPv6 technology.
● Device Sensor and Device Classifier enable seamless versatile device profiles including BYOD devices. They also enable Cisco Identity Services Engine (ISE) to provision identity based security policies. This feature is available on both the 2960-X and the 2960-XR product families.
● Cisco Trust Anchor Technology enables easy distribution of a single universal image for all models of Catalyst 2960-X by verifying the authenticity of IOS images. This technology allows the switch to perform IOS integrity checks at boot-up by verifying the signature, verifying the Trusted Asset under Management and authenticating the license.
● Cisco Threat Defense features including Port Security, Dynamic ARP Inspection, and IP Source Guard.
● Private VLANs restrict traffic between hosts in a common segment by segregating traffic at Layer 2, turning a broadcast segment into a nonbroadcast multi access like segment. This feature is available in IP-Lite feature set only.
◦ Private VLAN Edge provides security and isolation between switch ports, which helps ensure that users cannot snoop on other users’ traffic.
● Unicast Reverse Path Forwarding (uRPF) feature helps mitigate problems caused by the introduction of malformed or forged (spoofed) IP source address into a network by discarding IP packets that lack a verifiable IP source address. This feature is available in IP-Lite feature set only.
● Multidomain Authentication allows an IP phone and a PC to authenticate on the same switch port while placing them on appropriate voice and data VLAN.
● Access Control Lists (ACLs) for IPv6 and IPv4 for security and QoS ACEs.
◦ VLAN ACLs on all VLANs prevent unauthorized data flows from being bridged within VLANs.
◦ Router ACLs define security policies on routed interfaces for control-plane and data-plane traffic. IPv6 ACLs can be applied to filter IPv6 traffic.
◦ Port-based ACLs for Layer 2 interfaces allow security policies to be applied on individual switch ports.
● Secure Shell (SSH) Protocol, Kerberos, and Simple Network Management Protocol Version 3 (SNMPv3) provide network security by encrypting administrator traffic during Telnet and SNMP sessions. SSH Protocol, Kerberos, and the cryptographic version of SNMPv3 require a special cryptographic software image because of U.S. export restrictions.
● Switched Port Analyzer (SPAN), with bidirectional data support, allows Cisco Intrusion Detection System (IDS) to take action when an intruder is detected.
● TACACS+ and RADIUS authentication facilitates centralized control of the switch and restricts unauthorized users from altering the configuration.
● MAC Address Notification allows administrators to be notified of users added to or removed from the network.
● Multilevel security on console access prevents unauthorized users from altering the switch configuration.
● Bridge protocol data unit (BPDU) Guard shuts down Spanning Tree Port Fast-enabled interfaces when BPDUs are received to avoid accidental topology loops.
● Spanning Tree Root Guard (STRG) prevents edge devices not in the network administrator’s control from becoming Spanning Tree Protocol root nodes.
● IGMP filtering provides multicast authentication by filtering out nonsubscribers and limits the number of concurrent multicast streams available per port.
● Dynamic VLAN assignment is supported through implementation of VLAN Membership Policy Server client capability to provide flexibility in assigning ports to VLANs. Dynamic VLAN facilitates the fast assignment of IP addresses.
Redundancy and Resiliency
Cisco Catalyst 2960-X Series Switches offer a number of redundancy and resiliency features to prevent outages and help ensure that the network remains available:
● Cross-stack EtherChannel provides the ability to configure Cisco EtherChannel technology across different members of the stack for high resiliency.
● Flexlink provides link redundancy with convergence time less than 100 milliseconds.
● IEEE 802.1s/w Rapid Spanning Tree Protocol (RSTP) and Multiple Spanning Tree Protocol (MSTP) provide rapid spanning-tree convergence independent of spanning-tree timers and also offer the benefit of Layer 2 load balancing and distributed processing. Stacked units behave as a single spanning-tree node.
● Per-VLAN Rapid Spanning Tree (PVRST+) allows rapid spanning-tree reconvergence on a per-VLAN spanning-tree basis, without requiring the implementation of spanning-tree instances.
● Cisco Hot Standby Router Protocol (HSRP) is supported to create redundant, fail safe routing topologies in 2960-XR IP-Lite SKUs.
● Switch-port auto-recovery (Error Disable) automatically attempts to reactivate a link that is disabled because of a network error.
● Power redundancy with an optional second power supply on 2960-XR models, or with an external RPS on 2960-X models.
Enhanced Quality of Service
The Cisco Catalyst 2960-X Series Switches offers intelligent traffic management that keeps everything flowing smoothly. Flexible mechanisms for marking, classification, and scheduling deliver superior performance for data, voice, and video traffic, all at wire speed. Primary QoS features include:
● Up to eight egress queues per port and strict priority queuing so that the highest priority packets are serviced ahead of all other traffic.
● Shaped Round Robin (SRR) scheduling and Weighted Tail Drop (WTD) congestion avoidance.
● Flow-based rate limiting and up to 256 aggregate or individual policers per port.
● 802.1p class of service (CoS) and Differentiated Services Code Point (DSCP) classification, with marking and reclassification on a per-packet basis by source and destination IP address, MAC address, or Layer 4 TCP/UDP port number.
● Cross-stack QoS to allow QoS to be configured across a stack of 2960-X series switches.
● The Cisco committed information rate (CIR) function provides bandwidth in increments as low as 8 Kbps.
● Rate limiting is provided based on source and destination IP address, source and destination MAC address, Layer 4 TCP/UDP information, or any combination of these fields, using QoS ACLs (IP ACLs or MAC ACLs), class maps, and policy maps.
The Cisco Catalyst 3650 Series Switches combine wired and wireless access and are optimized for branch offices with less than two hundred users. Supporting bring-your-own-device (BYOD) for mobile access, these converged access switches offer higher levels of performance, security, and operational enhancements over previous generations of switches.
See Full Datasheet here
The Cisco® Catalyst® 3850 Series is the next generation of enterprise-class stackable access-layer switches that provide full convergence between wired and wireless on a single platform. Cisco's new Unified Access Data Plane (UADP) application-specific integrated circuit (ASIC) powers the switch and enables uniform wired-wireless policy enforcement, application visibility, flexibility and application optimization. This convergence is built on the resilience of the new and improved Cisco StackWise-480. The Cisco Catalyst 3850 Series Switches support full IEEE 802.3at Power over Ethernet Plus (PoE+), Cisco Universal Power over Ethernet (Cisco UPOE), modular and field-replaceable network modules, redundant fans and power supplies. See Datasheet here
All Models are IN STOCK and ready to ship! Select from the 24 port or 48 port versions below:
The Cisco Catalyst Compact Switches easily expand your Ethernet and Multigigabit Ethernet Cisco Catalyst switching infrastructure outside the wiring closet to enable new workspaces, extend wireless LANs, and connect PoE devices. These fanless, small form-factor switches are ideal for space-constrained deployments where multiple cable runs would be challenging. With speeds that reach 10Gbps, the Cisco Catalyst 3560CX Multigigabit Ethernet Switches support current and next-generation wireless speeds and standards (including 802.11ac Wave 2) on existing cabling infrastructure.
The Cisco Catalyst 3560-CX and 2960-CX Series Compact Switches help optimize network deployments. These Gigabit Ethernet (GbE) and Multigigabit Ethernet (mGig) managed switches are ideal for high-speed data connectivity, Wi-Fi backhaul, and Power over Ethernet (PoE+) connectivity in places where space is at a premium. With a single copper or fiber cable from the wiring closet, Cisco Catalyst compact switches enable IP connectivity for devices such as IP phones, wireless access points, surveillance cameras, PCs, and video endpoints.
With their quiet, fanless design and compact footprint, these switches offer flexible mounting options and open up
a variety of network design and connectivity options. Use them in offices, classrooms, hotels, retail stores, and other enterprise and branch locations. The setup allows for shorter cable runs from the compact switches, allowing for flexibility in space redesign and growth as new devices join the network - this eliminating the need for expensive and inflexible cabling infrastructure.
Cisco Catalyst 3560-CX and 2960-CX Series Compact Switch Highlights
● 8 or 12 Gigabit Ethernet ports with line rate forwarding performance
● 6 Gigabit Ethernet plus 2 Multigigabit Ethernet (100 Mbps/1/2.5/5/10 Gbps) ports with line rate forwarding performance (selected model)
● Gigabit and Multigigabit (100 Mbps/1/2.5/5/10 Gbps) copper, small form-factor pluggable (SFP) or
10G SFP+ uplinks
● Power over Ethernet Plus (PoE+) support with up to 240W of PoE budget
● Power over Ethernet (PoE) pass-through enables the compact switch to draw Cisco Universal PoE
(Cisco UPOE™) power from the wiring closet and pass it to end devices (selected model) with the additional option to be powered by auxiliary AC-DC or DC-DC power adapter
● Cisco Instant Access mode to enable single point of management and simplify operation (selected models)
● Advanced Layer 2 (LAN Base) and Layer 3 (IP Base) support with an option to upgrade to IP services
● Fanless design and silent operation
● Enhanced Limited Lifetime Warranty (E-LLW)
For more information please see the Cisco Data Sheet:
The Cisco Industrial Ethernet 3000 Series (IE 3000 Series) is a family of Layer 2 and Layer 3 switches that bring Cisco’s leadership in switching to Industrial Ethernet applications with Innovative features, robust security, and superior ease of use. The Cisco IE 3000 Series features:
● Industrial design and compliance
● Tools for easy deployment, management, and replacement
● Network security based on open standards
● Integration of IT and industrial automation networks
The Cisco IE 3000 Series is an ideal product for Industrial Ethernet applications, including factory automation, energy and process control, and intelligent transportation systems (ITSs).
The Cisco IE 3000 offers:
● Design for Industrial Ethernet applications, including extended environmental, shock/vibration, and surge ratings; a complete set of power input options; convection cooling; and DIN-rail or 19” rack mounting
● Support for Power over Ethernet (PoE) up to 15.4W per port
● Support for Power over Ethernet Plus (PoE+) for the PoE+ capable devices up to 30W per port
● Easy setup and management using the Cisco Device Manager web interface and supporting tools, including Cisco Network Assistant (CNA) and Cisco Prime LMS 4.2
● Easy switch replacement using removable memory, allowing the user to replace a switch without having to reconfigure
● High availability, guaranteed determinism, and reliable security using Cisco IOS® Software
● Recommended software configurations for industrial applications that can be applied at the touch of a button
● Compliance to a wide range of Industrial Ethernet specifications covering industrial automation, ITS, substation, railway, and other markets
● Support for IEEE1588v2, a precision timing protocol with nanosecond-level precision for high-performance applications
● Improved ring resiliency with the support of Resilient Ethernet Protocol (REP)
● Transparent IT integration with the support of Layer 3 routing protocols (IP Services)
● PROFINET v2 certification, with PROFINET conformance class B compliance
● ABB Industrial IT certification
For more information please see the Cisco Data Sheet:
The Cisco Industrial Ethernet (IE) 4000 Series is the latest addition to our ruggedized switching platforms and provides superior high-bandwidth switching and proven Cisco IOS Software-based routing capabilities for industrial environments. The IE 4000 Series delivers highly secure access and industry-leading convergence using the Cisco Resilient Ethernet Protocol (REP) and is built to withstand extreme environments while adhering to overall IT network design, compliance, and performance requirements.
The IE 4000 Series is ideal for industrial Ethernet applications where hardened products are required, including factory automation, energy and process control, intelligent transportation systems (ITS), oil and gas field sites, city surveillance programs, and mining. With improved overall performance, greater bandwidth, a richer feature set, and enhanced hardware, the Cisco IE 4000 Series complements the current industrial Ethernet portfolio of related Cisco industrial switches, such as the Cisco IE 2000 and IE 3000.
The Cisco IE 4000 can easily be installed in your network. Through a user-friendly web device manager, the Cisco IE 4000 provides easy out-of-the-box configuration and simplified operational manageability to deliver advanced security, data, video, and voice services over industrial networks.
For more information please see the Cisco Data Sheet:
Cisco Catalyst 4500-X Series Switch is a fixed aggregation switch that delivers best-in-class scalability, simplified network virtualization, and integrated network services for space-constrained environments in campus networks. It meets business growth objectives with unprecedented scalability, simplifies network virtualization with support for one-to-many (Cisco Easy Virtual Networks [EVN]) and many-to-one (Virtual Switching System [VSS]) virtual networks, and enables emerging applications by integrating many network services.
The Cisco Catalyst 4500-X Series offers key innovations, including:
● Platform Scalability: Delivers up-to 800 Gbps of switching capacity, capable of scaling up to 1.6-Tbps capacity with the VSS technology. Future-proof investment with modular uplink and auto-detect 10 Gigabit Ethernet and 1 Gigabit Ethernet ports.
● High Availability: Delivers the network availability demanded by business-critical enterprise applications through comprehensive high-availability capabilities, including VSS and EVN. Furthermore, innovative features such as redundant hot swappable fans and power supplies with AC to DC, and DC to AC failover remove single point of failure in network.
● Application Monitoring: Enhanced application monitoring through Flexible Netflow and eight ports of line rate bidirectional Switched Port Analyzer (SPAN)/Remote Switched Port Analyzer (RSPAN). In addition Cisco IOS® XE Software provides the ability to host third-party applications.
● Security: Support for Cisco TrustSec™ technology as well as robust control plane policing (CoPP) to address denial of service attacks.
● Simplified Operations: Support for Smart Install Director, providing a single point of management enabling zero-touch deployment for new switches and stacks in campus and branch networks.
For more information please see the Cisco Data Sheet: